Thursday, December 11, 2008

Saturday's Picture of the Day

By Erin Knight

A tiny little mound
No more than a half inch wide
I can't help but wonder
How many ants are living inside

I know they're in there
As busy as could be
Building their city
And working diligently

I patiently sit
And watch for awhile
Soon they emerge
From the top of the pile

In single file
They filter out
In search of food
They're off to scout

Each one assigned
A certain job
Just as important
As head of the mob

On a mission
For their queen
Their survival skills
Are very keen

With mission complete
And food in hand
They then return
To their home land

Assembled at the base
Of the massive hill
It's time to go in
Their village to fill

Marching uphill
They don't miss a beat
As they disappear
Into their cozy retreat


What: Mr. Bee (Diseased) and Mr. Ant.
Where: On the ground by Stone Mountain NC
How it Happened: Mr. Bee left us one bright and sunny afternoon and Mr. Ant was elected to perform the burial--I.E. Remove the remains and put them to good use back at the nest. I spotted the goings on when Mr. Ant's movement caught my attention.

No comments: