Friday, July 4, 2008

Found some old documents...

Hi guys! I was looking through some of my old documents and came across this that I wrote a couple of years ago. It made me tear up while I was reading it. Yeah I know... I wrote it. But it came from the heart so it has a lot of meaning. Let me warn you though, if you don't like mushy writing you can probably just skip it without missing anything. But I think you'll enjoy it if you put yourself right in it. Be sure and leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of it. I was a lil hesitant at putting it on here. lol It's basicly just talking about being on the front line of Life's Battle. Hope you like it...

It starts off talking about Life as if it were a Being but just keep reading. It's in story mode so at one point the person telling it doesn't know who is turning the pages of life. Later, as you read, it gives a name. God.


Have you ever wondered how much can change with time? I used to think it wasn’t possible for a child to become an adult with with the snap of your fingers. But my opinions matter little to the sands of time. Life has taken me on a ride never to forget. Up the hills and back down, around the bends and into sudden loops. Things have changed before my very eyes. Some for better and some for worse. So many things can go right. So many things can go wrong.

Now I long for life to pause and fix the mistakes it has seemingly made. To stop the circle of life for just a few small seconds, and to alter the course it has taken. Somewhere deep down inside, I’m hoping that it skipped a page. Or that maybe it mixed of my life’s story with someone else’s. But even when there seems to be no page numbers telling me if it’s just the start, there’s a sense of a growing climax. The characters have been placed. The mood has been set. Everything is in the perfect position for the last scene. An invisible force seems to be turning that last page over. And while that wind blows towards the page, questions linger in the air.

What will my destiny be? Have I lived a life that only a soldier could endure? Was I part of that army, marching to one beat, listening for the Master’s call to arms? Now the march has ended and my fellow comrades have fallen in the fight. Will I take courage to the end? Or will my last page be a final tear in the eyes of my Lord?

The wind blows stronger on the page as it rustles to life. A swift turn to the small thin page will be the climax of my life’s story. There’ll be no crowd to gather to watch me in my glory. It will be just me and God to have a talk alone; To share a last word and then He’ll close the cover to my book. The wind is blowing. The climax hovers in the air. The last page has made it’s downward plunge and now it lays before me. Stepping up close, I begin to read.

The tears spring to my eyes as my joy overflows. My grip on the Master’s hand tightens as I see what unfolds before me. Through every hard place, every uphill and down, and all the trials that I had endured, I had placed it in His hands. Now I see... Without the valleys, I wouldn't know there was a Mountain! Without my sinking sand, I wouldn't know about the Rock! Without a wrong choice, I still wouldn't know there was a Right! I chose to place my hand in His so when the hard times came. He pulled me through the crowds of scoffers and out the other side.

And as I continue to read what has been written on the pages of my life story, I see that there is no ending to this book. Only a sequel that will last for eternity.

No comments: