Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 5th

Hi everyone! Today wasn't the most gorgeous day I've ever seen... But it was definitely fun, I must say that! Got up bright and early this morning, met Jana in Hickory, and went to the Blowing Rock Parade. It poured rain through pretty much the whole parade but for some reason, standing there huddled under the umbrella watching the parade go by... It just had a peaceful feeling to it. I loved it! Then as the parade ended, the rain quit! Ah! So it held off while the Cockman's sang and started back up again soon afterwards. We had so much fun though! :-) After the parade and music was over, everyone started packing up to leave. But the fun wasn't over... hehe My family, Michael, and the Edwards family all road back down the mountain and grabbed some supper at Cracker Barrel. Never tasted soo good! Well, I had fun but the weekend isn't over yet. I have a shower to take tonight, and church tomorrow, then it's back to the same ol' Monday routine. Oh wait... Not the EXACT same. I get a fiddle lesson! :-D







P.S. More Pictures Coming SOON!



Elijah watching the parade go by.



Jeremiah waving his flag!



Arwen and Lorian marched in the parade!



A beautiful horse that caught my eye...



John Jr. playing his fiddle!



Billy putting his heart into it



Mary Lynn the videographer




A dog in the audience. lol Too cute to pass up this shot...




Red, White, and Blue!




2 comments:

Melissa Cockman Photography said...

I know how much you LOVE getting comments, so here's your first one! Have a great night, girlie!

Thanks for the visit today, it meant a lot to Ben!

~M~

edwardsfamilyband said...

Thanks so much for the photos! Love them! Had fun eating at Cracker Barrell, too. Take care, Connie