Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fiddlers Grove Festival

Hi all! Another update from me. Seems like forever since I updated this thing. But I've been running low on spare time lately. We come home from the beach Wednesday and Thursday we went to Union Grove to help set up tents and things for the festival. I babysat Noah for a bit. He's such a cutie pie! And then the next day the singing began! It was awesome. I was still hearing banjos and fiddles in my head on the way home. I actually starting mimicking the fiddle in my head, thus my voice mail on my phone if you call me... now it'll make more sense. Anyways, here's some pictures from this weekend. It's not all of them by no means. But most of what I got was of the competions. Oh and a 9 yr old girl won master fiddler this year!! Probably made history at fiddler's grove. I'll leave on that happy note. Have a wonderful day everybody!

Noah


The 9 yr old girl competing for master Fiddler


Hehe... just a cute picture. Wish it hadn't come out blurry.



Woo hoo! She won!


She let me take her picture. Look at the smile on that kids face!


The Kruger Brothers live!


A very very very sweet little girl me and Melissa got to meet in the audience. lol



Another cutie!


The Flowers Family won the Bluegrass band competition.



Caroline sporting her Fiddler's Grove T-shirt while takin' pix



Harper Van Hoy got up to make a speech and tell everyone how special they were. :-)



Lydia looking a little confused but cute as she could be! lol



You'd never believe me even if I told you what it was. I had a super long exposure on the fountain in the pond and near the end of the pic, my tripod give out on my and it just slow tilted forward. Thus that streak of light down the middle. lol


Skyland (No I have idea how to spell her name but it's a beautiful name.)


Emma and Mary Lynn



What fiddler's grove is all about. Summed up in one picture.



And the head of the Festival! Jessie Cockman



Seth watching Spirit Fiddle



Melissa doin what she does best!



Emma was clearly tickled pink about something... lol

5 comments:

edwardsfamilyband said...

Hi Emily, I love all of your photos! I hope you don't mind, I posted some of your photos on my blog. I took more videos than photos and wanted a few more. I hope you're all rested up! It was a great weekend! - Connie

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, looks very fun!

Melissa Cockman Photography said...

Hi Emily! Love the pics from Fiddler's Grove and your use of the Dutch tilt! Always a joy checking out your blog! Keep up the Nikoning! (L) Melissa

Mom & Dad said...

Hi Em, We love your Pictures. They are really Good!! Keep the good pictures coming to Kentucky. Love, Julinda Morrison

Happy Mommy said...

Emily, these are great pictures. You really captured the weekend. Thank you for sending them my way that day. Sorry it's been forever since I got back to you. I was able to get a hold of our photographer to get some raw images from him. However, the little girls mother is interested in the pictures you have. She said she didn't get a chance to take any because she was caught up in the moment. Let me know what you think and I'll get her email address to you. Thanks again for all the help, especially with Noah. He had a good time with his friend!