Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday's Picture of the Day


Hey guys! This picture is about a year old but I recently found it on my hard-drive and thought I would share it with you. The ISO, Ap., and SS for this picture have been lost since that day that i took it. I'll explain to you how it was taken: (I did absolutely NO editing to it whatsoever)

I started off in total darkness standing up holding a flash light that was switched to "off". My camera was stationed on a tripod while Jacob clicked the button and opened it's shutter. Then I turned on the flash light and drew a question mark in the darkness. I switched it off and sat down. And, (Since I don't have a seperate flash) Jacob switched the porch light on and then off. (As if the flash had just went off) And then he closed the shutter on the camera.

An easy way to explain the result is a black picture (Since there was no flash) with the only light in the picture being the question mark I drawn with the flash light. And then a second "Layer" to the same image when my homemade flash went off. It created a weird effect. I hope you enjoy the picture!!

No comments: