Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fiddler's Grove Festival 2009


It's hard to believe Fiddler's Grove has already come and gone once again. Up until, it seems like it will never arrive. During, you don't want it to end. And when it's over you wish it had lasted longer. I miss falling asleep to the bluegrass jamming that goes on continuously through the night. I miss waiting on the edge of my seat to hear who won the competitions. I miss sitting back in my chair and relaxing while listening to incredible musicians play their heart out...

This year they were calling for rain all weekend but as it got closer to the festival, the forcast said it would hold off until Sunday afternoon. Lo and behold though, Saturday evening the clouds could hold it back no longer. It drizzled all evening and finally started a real rain by Sunday morning. I missed Sunday but I'm told the show still went on with the audience migrating to sit under on the stage under the roof with the musicians. I'm sure that was a sight! If anyone has pictures of that awesome moment, please let me know.

The picture above was taken during a light drizzle Saturday evening while me, Mary Lynn, and Elizabeth were going on a short walk. We stopped for a moment to listen to some music. The whole aspect of standing in the rain, hovering under a tiny umbrella for the sake of bluegrass made for an awesome picture. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Once again, Fiddler's Grove was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Congratulations to all those people I know who placed in the competitions! You guys were awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So perfectly said....love the photo!
-The Edwards Family