Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday's Special Post 1/3/09

Royal Son -- AKA Raider showing his moves. These pictures were taken of Raider at his first time under saddle. He accepted the saddle so well that Racheal decided to lunge him a bit. What's the big deal? Raider has only been lunged about 3 times that I can recall. Maybe more but I wasn't there. So considering this, he did an incredible job in the round pen!




Getting the hang of it... "Look! I can do this!"




Re-adjusting the bit that he gummed at the whole time. "But Mooooom! It's my new toy!"




"I spy a skinny girl with a camera who won't mind her own business..."





The joys of training... "Look mom! I've got it now-- I've got the moves! Check this out--and this!"




Waiting for his next command. "I'm all ears!"




Thoughtful moment between horse and owner.... Ever wonder what horses think? I bet he's going, "So mom, how did I do? Did I do good? I did good didn't I? Yeah I did. I know I did!"


And owner's thoughts? Here's a flashback>